This Week ‘Round The Farm
Bringing the Farm to You!
This Week …. Confessions
We own 11 chest freezers. 3 in the dining room, 1 in the playroom, 3 in the root cellar and 4 on the trailer. There. I said it 😅
Our kids might never learn to tie their shoes because they are always in boots. Always 👢
Everything they say about homeschoolers and pajamas is true.
Same goes for the library 😍📖
Don’t Miss Out!
Sign up below and receive coupon codes and more right to your inbox!
Bringing the Farm to You!
Do you love coupons? Happy farm animal photos? Farm shenanigans and some really bad puns? Sign up for this and more right to your inbox. Once every 1-2 weeks. No spam, we PROMISE!
Market Season is Over BUT … We’re Still Open!
This past Saturday marked the last day of the Scottsville Farmers Market for 2019. No worries though, as we are ~ 2 miles up the road from the market and are open year round. Here’s how to continue enjoying 100% Grassfed Beef, Pastured Pork, & Farm Fresh Eggs.
1. Order Online and pick up on farm. This work great if you’re close by. Just call ahead to ensure were home or not out in the fields. Wednesday – Friday work best for pick up but let us know what works for you and we’ll make it happen.
2. Local Delivery **. If you’re 15 – 20 minutes away from the farm, this is for you. Order online and we’ll deliver to your door. This does require you to be home for delivery and there’s a $10 charge that’s waived if your order is over $50. ** When you order online, your zip code will determine if you’re in our delivery area as you’ll see the local delivery option in shipping drop down box.
3. Regional Delivery – “Pasture to Porch”. We can overnight your order right to your porch via Fed Ex. We ship to all of VA, MD, NJ, and DE. Also parts of NY, PA, WV, NC, TN, and SC. We ship out on Wednesdays with expected arrival the next day. A great way to enjoy 100% Grassfed Beef and Pasture Pork Delivered right to your home.
We are also looking into some winter markets as well but nothing planned yet. You’ll be the first to know. Thanks to everyone who have followed and supported us over the past couple years. It’s been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to continuing for many year more!
Still need a ham in time for thanksgiving? We’ve got you covered. These are 3-4 lb ham roast, Smoked, Uncured, and Seasoned for a great Thanksgiving dinner addition. Even better, is they’re still 10% OFF THIS WEEK. Just use coupon code hamsale10 for 10% off your ham steaks, ham roasts, and ham ends.
There are 3 options to choose from. Ham Steaks are cross sections of the leg (ham) cut ~ 1 inch thick. They come in at ~ 2 lbs and are great for 2-3 people. Ham Roasts are much larger cross section cuts (~ 2 inches thick) and come in at around ~ 4 lbs. Great for 4-6 people. Finally, the Ham Ends come in 3-4 lb roasts and are great for ~ 4-5 people.
Our favorite cooking method is:
- Add any spices or rub you prefer (save honey or glaze for the last hour or so as it can burn).
- Place roast in a baking dish with about 1 inch of water. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350F. Cook for ~ 2 hours (~ 25 minutes per lb).
- Remove foil and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and rest for ~ 15 minutes
Thanks for following us and allowing us to serve you! If you have questions, want to tour the farm, or would like us to write about something, give us a shout!
With our appreciation!
Jason, Lexi, and Family