This Week ‘Round The Farm
This is how I feel about showers too 🧖♀️
The chicken cuddles continue
Our little guy isn’t so little anymore, but still works up quite the milk mustache 💋
Colored eggs are just around the corner, checkout our email for our new favorite egg recipe 🍳🥯🥓.
Don’t Miss Out!
Sign up below and receive coupon codes and more right to your inbox!
Bringing the Farm to You!
Do you love coupons? Happy farm animal photos? Farm shenanigans and some really bad puns? Sign up for this and more right to your inbox. Once every 1-2 weeks. No spam, we PROMISE!
An EGGceptional Recipe!
Please don’t call the PUN police
This is one of our favorite egg reciepes. It looks fancy to impress your guest, and is easy to make. It also combines my love of eggs, bread, cheese, and all that is right with the world.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 bagels
- 6 eggs
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh basil
- Sliced tomato
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper
- Cut three bagels in half and butter both sides and place face down on a baking sheet
- Use a cookie cutter to enlarge hole in bagel slightly
- Gently crack one egg in each hole
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, everything bagel seasoning, basil and cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes or till desired runnyness of egg.
- Top with sliced tomato and enjoy!
1. We took cattle to the processor this week!! We should be fully restocked in the next 2 weeks so keep an eye out on the website and watch those ‘sold out’ signs disappear.
2. Hogs will be heading to the processor in less than a month. We’ve contacted those that purchased shares, so get your cut sheets ready. Otherwise, we’ll be fully stocked with Pork mid next month.
3. We have plenty of eggs that can be picked up at the farm or preordered for pickup at Charlottesville City Market To-Go (see below).
Also just a big thank you for continuing to follow us and supporting local. Not being able to provide you with year round product is a change for us, as I’m sure the pandemic has changed life for you as well. But, we reassess, adjust, and adapt and keep on keepin’ on. As we continue to adjust to our new abnormal (I refuse to call it normal), we also learn a lot about ourselves and different ways to do things or achieve our goals. We’re booking dates, expanding our herd, and planning new enterprises to meet our goals of having year round product for you. You have many choices out there when it comes to food, and we can’t thank you enough for choosing us for your beef, pork, and egg needs. So THANK YOU, for your support, patience, and following along. Much more to come!
Charlottesville City Market To-Go
Want to pick some Longbottom Farm beef, pork and eggs, as well as other locally produced goodies. This is the place to to it. Charlottesville City Market To-Go is a drive through farmers market where you preorder online, then drive around the market on Saturday to pick up your goods. Here’s how it works.
1. Go to the online site Charlottesville City Market To-Go.
2. Set up an account and choose a time slot.
3. Shop for some Hand-Gathered Eggs among other veggies, meats, pastries, and more (Search feature allows you to look for products or your favorite vendor).
4. Show up Saturday morning at your chosen time, drive through the horse-shoe market where your goods are loaded in your trunk, then you’re on your way.
That’s it. A great way to stock up on some local food and treats while enjoying some fresh air in a safe way. Take your favorite beverage, put on your favorite tunes, and enjoy a Saturday morning drive. Thanks to all those that have come out to support local farms and artisans in our area. Hope to see you there!
Thanks for following us and allowing us to serve you! If you have questions or would like to share your thoughts, give us a shout!
With Our Appreciation,
Jason, Lexi, and Family
It Tastes Right Because It’s Raised Right!
Hand Gathered, Farm Fresh Eggs
Experience the difference and give our free range, premium eggs a try!
Virginia Raised, 100% Grassfed, Black Angus Beef
Longbottom Farm Pastured Pork
Raised in a combination of pasture and woods, our Pastured Pork produces a flavor like no other. Experience the difference.